Spring semester was out three weeks ago, but I took a Maymester class which made my summer only officially start on Tuesday at 9 am. Then I took care of Cody the rest of the day, helped Mommy pack up some of her classroom on Wednesday, and then watched Cody again yesterday. So today was my first day that I could sleep in, lay around, and just enjoy not having much to do. Thought it would be a relaxing day, but it was actually quite busy.

I woke up at 7:30 and went for a 4 mile jog and run. Then biked about 15 minutes and did some ab exercises. So not it was about 11 and I went downstairs to get some breakfast and realized I needed to start marinating the chicken for dinner. One thing led to another and I found myself preparing chicken, doing two loads of laundry, cleaning my room, and other odds and ends that needed to be done around the house.

I decided I needed to get out of the house so I made a grocery list and planned to stop by the bank on the way there. Deposited my paycheck, got back in the car, tried to tun on my car, and then BAM! It turned on for a split second then died on me. I thought, "No way! This cannot be happening! Its 97 degrees outside and Mommy, Daddy, and Andrew are too busy to come help me!" This is the first time I've ever had car trouble, so I kind of panicked. After trying to get my car to work about ten more times, no exaggeration, I gave up. Tried calling Daddy to get some advice. He didn't answer. Then called Mommy, she didn't answer. Now I was not only mad, but sad. Had to fight back tears. I was already sweating in my sizzling car, and thought I had run out of options for help. Our bank is only a couple miles away from home, so I contemplated just walking home. I only had to debate it for 3 seconds and said no way, its way too hot to walk. So I called Sean and Mary, and woohoo!! They actually answered their phones! They are the only people I know that live closest to me so I figured I'd ask them for help. Within 20 min Mary came and rescued me and took me home. Thank God for her. Once I got home, my dad finally called me back and said he would handle the situation when he got home. Thank God for him, too.

Once I cooled off, I got back to my list of chores. Valery and I cleaned the media room closet out and then did another load of laundry. Don't worry, it was the whole house's laundry, not just mine. Prepped dinner a bit more and then took a 40 minute nap. So nice to feel refreshed. Now I wanna go swimming. Too bad out pool water isn't balanced yet. Drat. Guess I'll just relax till dinner.

So much for my first day of summer to relax and take it easy!!